Welcome the audit and evaluation with full enthusiasm and positive spirit
——Proposal to all teachers and students
Dear teachers and students
From May 7 to 10, 2018, our university will welcome the Ministry of education undergraduate teaching audit evaluation. Audit and evaluation is a comprehensive test of undergraduate teaching work, teachers and students' mental outlook and school work. The evaluation results are related to the future development and social impact of the school, and the vital interests of all staff and students. As a member of the new university, we have the obligation and responsibility to maintain the reputation and image of the University. We should complete the evaluation task with full enthusiasm and positive spirit. This is the glorious mission of the times for every staff and student. Therefore, the school proposes to all teachers and students:
First, we should fully understand the great significance of audit and evaluation, enhance the overall situation awareness, responsibility awareness, responsibility awareness and participation awareness, adhere to the school motto of "unity, striving, realistic and innovative", start from me, and form a situation in which everyone contributes to the evaluation and everything helps to create the best evaluation atmosphere.
Second, we should study the relevant documents carefully. Understand the scope of audit evaluation, deeply understand the connotation of audit elements and audit points, and clarify the objectives and tasks; Carefully prepare, accurately grasp, comprehensively grasp the overall school running goal, school orientation, development process and achievements of undergraduate teaching work, and enrich the learning content combined with the actual situation of the unit.
Third, we must fulfill our duties. Teachers should strictly study and teach strictly, teach well in every class, and strive to improve the quality of teaching; Management cadres should serve teachers and students enthusiastically and change their work style; Logistics service staff should constantly improve their service attitude and create a good working, learning and living environment for the majority of teachers and students; Students should correct their learning attitude, make clear the purpose of learning, seriously study professional cultural knowledge, and improve their professional skills and innovation ability.
Fourth, the appearance should be neat and the manners should be civilized. The visiting experts should be civilized, polite and take the initiative to say hello; Be ready to participate in the interview, questionnaire survey and all kinds of discussion; Keep a good hygienic environment inside and outside the campus. We should display the overall image of the school with good teaching quality, management performance, service level and learning effect.
Teachers and students, let's take the opportunity to welcome the undergraduate teaching audit and evaluation of the Ministry of education as an opportunity, work together, fight tenaciously, make due contributions to the audit and evaluation with practical actions, and strive to further improve the quality of education, teaching and personnel training of our university with our wisdom and sweat, and strive to build a high-level first-class university!
Part one Common sense of evaluation
1. What is audit evaluation?
Audit and evaluation is a new evaluation mode proposed under the new situation of higher education in China. Its core is to evaluate the achievement of talent training objectives and training effects. Audit and evaluation mainly depends on whether the evaluation object has reached the goal set by itself. The state does not set a unified evaluation standard, but measures itself with its own ruler. The audit conclusion is not graded and forms a realistic audit report. The key point is to guide schools to establish self-discipline mechanism, strengthen self-improvement, and constantly improve the level and quality of education.
2. What is the guiding ideology of audit and evaluation? ("one persistence, two highlights and three enhancements")
Guided by the spirit of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China and the outline of education planning, we should adhere to the 20 character policy of "promoting construction by evaluation, promoting reform by evaluation, promoting management by evaluation, combining evaluation with construction, and focusing on construction"; Highlight connotation construction and characteristic development; We should strengthen the reasonable orientation of running a school, strengthen the position of teaching center, strengthen the construction of internal quality assurance system, and constantly improve the quality of personnel training.
3. What is the concept of audit and evaluation?
Be responsible for the country and serve the school. School as the main body, student development as the standard.
4. What are the key points of audit and evaluation? (five degrees)
Audit and evaluation covers all aspects of the process of talent training in Colleges and universities, focusing on the "five degrees" of school teaching work: the achievement of talent training effect and training objectives; The orientation of school running and the adaptability of talent training objectives to social needs; The guarantee degree of teachers and teaching resources for school personnel training; The effectiveness of teaching quality assurance system; Satisfaction of students and employers.
5. What is the effect of teaching evaluation on improving the quality of undergraduate teaching?
Through the evaluation and appraisal of the quality and level of school teaching work, this paper puts forward improvement suggestions for the diagnosis of the existing problems, promotes the school to update the education concept, clarifies the development direction and goal, and deepens the teaching reform. At the same time, teaching evaluation also has the function of encouragement and supervision, which can promote the school to continuously improve the school running conditions, strengthen the teaching management, improve the internal quality assurance system, self-restraint and self-monitoring mechanism, so as to achieve the purpose of improving the teaching quality.
6. What is the scope of audit and evaluation?
It is composed of "6 + 1" (positioning and objectives, teaching staff, teaching resources, training process, student development, quality assurance, plus a characteristic or optional project) audit items, 24 Audit elements and 64 audit points.
7. What are the audit and evaluation procedures?
Audit and evaluation procedures: including school self-assessment, experts' inspection, review and release of evaluation conclusions, school rectification, etc.
(1) School self-evaluation. The participating schools carry out self-assessment seriously according to the audit and evaluation scheme, fill in the basic status data of undergraduate teaching according to the requirements, and form the "self-evaluation report" and "teaching status data analysis report" on this basis.
(2) Experts come to the school for investigation. On the basis of reviewing the school's "self-evaluation report" and "teaching status data analysis report", the expert group made a fair and objective evaluation on the school's teaching work by consulting materials, in-depth interviews, observing classroom teaching and practical teaching. On this basis, the expert group formed the audit and evaluation report.
(3) Review and release of evaluation conclusions. The evaluation expert committee of the Ministry of education uniformly reviews the conclusions and issues the conclusions after deliberation.
(4) School rectification. The school timely summarizes and analyzes, formulates the rectification plan, and writes the rectification work report.
8. What kind of mentality should the participating schools adopt to do a good job in auditing and evaluation?
In the process of evaluation, the school should grasp two mentality
In order to keep the normal teaching order of the school, we should treat the evaluation with "normal mind and normal state" and establish the correct evaluation value orientation, so that the evaluation and construction of the school can be integrated into the daily teaching work and the construction of the quality assurance system, so as to maintain the normal teaching order of the school;
"Learning heart, open state" was used to participate in the evaluation. Establish a sense of ownership, communicate sincerely with experts, actively cooperate with the work of the expert group, abide by the evaluation discipline, hold a good evaluation feedback meeting, and do well in the rectification work with a positive and pragmatic attitude.
9. What do assessment experts do when they enter school?
According to the time period, the inspection work of the expert group can be divided into: the preparatory meeting of the expert group, the evaluation meeting, the collective investigation, the expert individual investigation, the internal meeting of the expert group, and the expert feedback meeting.
10. How do experts conduct personal investigation during school?
The personal investigation of experts in school is composed of experts visiting, attending classes, reading relevant materials and in-depth interviews.
(1) In depth interview. After reading the materials and carefully analyzing the problems found, one-on-one interviews or small-scale exchange meetings are mainly used to verify the problems and data that are uncertain, incomprehensible and still in doubt through purposeful and planned in-depth conversation. Interviewees: school leaders, department heads, department heads, teaching supervisors, teacher representatives, student representatives.
(2) Listen and watch. Generally, each expert is required to listen to no less than 3 classes, including not only theoretical teaching, but also experimental, practical and practical courses. Therefore, every teacher should be prepared to be heard.
(3) Investigation and visit inside and outside the school. Focus on the allocation and utilization of teaching resources. Such as sports venues, libraries, canteens, dormitories and other basic conditions for students to provide comprehensive development support is up to standard. The combination of teaching facilities, such as laboratory, internship, training base and entrepreneurial base, with the talent training program and curriculum system of the University. The off campus investigation focuses on the satisfaction of employers and graduates.
(4) Check. Access to student papers, graduation thesis and evaluation support materials provided by the school. In general, each expert is required to refer to the graduation thesis (Design) of no less than 2 specialties and the examination papers and analysis reports of no less than 3 courses.
(5) Diagnosis. Summarize the achievements and advantages of the school, and put forward problems and shortcomings.
(6) Communication. Communicate with school leaders, teachers, students, teaching administrators and experts in the same group.
11. How does the evaluation expert group visit teaching units and relevant departments?
(1) The evaluation expert group can make a good division of labor in advance according to the setting of teaching units and relevant functional departments, arrange the visiting time and determine the personnel to attend the reception; We can also combine the visit with the discussion. The evaluation expert group will prepare the outline of the visit and discussion in advance, and the school is responsible for the organization, arrangement and implementation.
(2) The visit time of each unit is generally within 1-2 hours, and the participants are generally the leaders and relevant staff of the unit. During the visit, you can visit some teaching infrastructure, laboratories or check some materials.
(3) Arrange a visit to the employment department in the school area.
Part two History of the school
1. What is the history of the school?
The predecessor of Xinjiang University is Xinjiang Russian law and politics special school founded in 1924. In January 1935, it was transformed into Xinjiang University. In 1960, Xinjiang University was officially established. In 1978, the University was identified by the State Council as one of the first batch of 88 key universities and one of the 16 comprehensive key universities in China. In 1997, the University was listed in the first batch of "211 Project" key construction colleges and universities. In 2000, it was determined by the Ministry of education as the key construction university in the development of the western region. In the same year, Xinjiang University and the former Xinjiang Institute of technology merged to form a new Xinjiang University. In 2004, the University became a "district and ministry jointly constructed" University by the people's Government of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region and the Ministry of education. In 2012, the University was listed as a national "central and western universities to enhance the comprehensive strength of the project" construction of colleges and universities. In 2017, it entered the ranks of the first batch of 42 first-class universities in China. In 2018, it entered the ranks of "provincial and ministerial joint construction" universities.
During the Anti Japanese War, a group of Communists, such as Yu Xiusong, Lin Jilu and Du Chongyuan, as well as a group of progressives such as the writer Mao Dun, the philosopher Zhang Zhongshi, and the artist Zhao Dan, came to teach in the school. They put forward the educational thought of "taking nationality as the form and Marxism Leninism as the content", and set off a vigorous Anti Japanese and national salvation propaganda campaign. The social influence was growing day by day, which was known as "the second largest Anti Japanese university".
2. What is the school motto?
Unity, striving, seeking truth and innovation.
3. What is the orientation of running a school?
We should adhere to the socialist orientation of running schools, fully implement the party's and state's educational policies, take root in China's land and the actual situation of Xinjiang University, take moral education as the fundamental task, and run a university satisfactory to the people as the fundamental purpose, and carry forward the new spirit of "patriotism, love Xinjiang, unity and progress", Adhering to the overall school running idea of "building the University by quality, prospering the University by disciplines, strengthening the university with talents, and managing the university according to law", and following the five in one connotative development mode of "teaching, scientific research, service, culture and exchange", Xinjiang University has been built into the ideological position of Marxist scientific theory and socialist core values, the gateway hub of academic research on the Silk Road Economic Belt, and the core value of Marxism The demonstration unit of Ideological and political work in Colleges and universities, the training highland of qualified builders and reliable successors of socialist cause.
4. What is the goal of running a school?
By 2020, through the first round of national "first-class university" construction, the school foundation will be more solid and the conditions for great development will be basically met; By 2024, on the 100th anniversary of the founding of Xinjiang University, a high-level university with "advanced in the west, first-class in Central Asia and internationally famous" will be built in an all-round way; By 2035, the overall level of the university will reach first-class in China and become the most influential regional first-class university in Central Asia; By 2050, a first-class university with Chinese characteristics will be basically completed.
5. What is the orientation of school running level?
Based on undergraduate education, we should vigorously develop graduate education and actively develop international student education.
6. What is service orientation?
Based on Xinjiang, facing the whole country and radiating to Central Asia.
7. What is the orientation of talent training type?
We should cultivate all kinds of high-quality professionals who have responsibility, can shoulder the mission, dare to pursue excellence, have strong patriotic and love Xinjiang feelings, solid basic knowledge, outstanding practical ability, and full of innovative spirit.
8. What is the orientation of school running type?
We will build a comprehensive research university that is "advanced in the west, first-class in Central Asia, and internationally famous".
9. What is the spirit of the new university?
Patriotism, love Xinjiang, unity and progress.
10. What is the Anthem of Xinjiang University?
The school anthem is "we are young", composed by Lin Jilu and Shi Ming.
11. What is the emblem of Xinjiang University?
The overall pattern of the school emblem is two concentric circles, which means the unity and harmony of teachers and students of all nationalities. The central pattern of the school emblem is the earliest teaching building of Xinjiang University - red building. The "Tianshan" pattern shows the geographical characteristics of Xinjiang University - the foot of Tianshan Mountain. "1924" was the founding time of Xinjiang University. The pattern of "six petals" symbolizes that the students of Xinjiang University are all over the world, and peach and plum flowers are in full bloom. Between the two circles is the name of "Xinjiang University" written in Chinese, Uighur and English.
12. How about the school organization?
Xinjiang University has 24 colleges, 1 Graduate School, 1 independent college, 1 teaching and research department, 4 teaching practice centers, 8 research institutes, and 1 International Research Center for arid and semi-arid sustainable development.
13. Setting of undergraduate major?
At present, there are 91 undergraduate majors, involving eight disciplines, namely, economics, law, literature, history, science, engineering, management and art, covering the main fields of senior specialized personnel training and scientific research.
14. What is the goal of professional training?
Taking Marxism Leninism, Mao Zedong Thought and the theoretical system of socialism with Chinese characteristics as the basic guiding ideology, in accordance with the requirements of the state for the cultivation of higher talents, in combination with the characteristics of discipline and professional development of Xinjiang universities, drawing on the experience of talent training in first-class universities at home and abroad, and adhering to the fundamental standard of promoting the overall development of students and meeting the needs of economic and social development in Xinjiang, Adhere to the goal of cultivating interdisciplinary, application-oriented talents with innovative spirit and practical ability, highlight the cultivation of students' autonomous learning ability, innovation and entrepreneurship ability, and international communication ability, and promote the coordinated development of students' knowledge, ability and quality.
15. Number of school teachers and students?
At present, there are 1879 full-time teachers (including teachers with double shoulders). Teachers with senior professional titles account for 48.86% of the total number of full-time teachers, and teachers with doctor's degree account for 38.03% of the total number of full-time teachers. There are 15 regional teaching experts and 23 famous teachers.
At present, there are 36157 students of various types, including 21025 ordinary undergraduates, 5159 full-time postgraduates, 1039 part-time postgraduates, 453 doctoral students, 904 international students and 7577 adult college students.
16. What is the status of various teaching facilities in the school?
Xinjiang University has three campuses: the headquarters, the South Campus and the north campus, covering a total area of 2.099 million square meters (about 4363 mu). The total value of fixed assets is about 2.4 billion yuan, and the total value of teaching and scientific research instruments and equipment is 610 million yuan. The library is the Provincial Central Library of CALIS, with a total of 3.465 million books. The main nodes of campus network and CERNET in Xinjiang, Xinjiang education regional network control center and Urumqi education man have been built. It has a modern digital library and a first-class multifunctional gymnasium in Northwest China.
17. How does Xinjiang University continue to carry out national unity and anti secession education?
Select topics carefully and carry out a series of special education activities; All the staff participated in the activities of "three advances, two links and one friendship" and "national unity, one family and one family"; We will vigorously carry out the activities of selecting and studying the advanced models of national unity.
18. What are the characteristics of undergraduate programs?
Inheriting the red gene, serving the social stability and long-term stability of Xinjiang, cultivating qualified builders and reliable successors of the socialist cause with strong patriotic and loving feelings.
Part three Construction Evaluation
1. When will the University accept the assessment of undergraduate teaching work of the Ministry of education?
From May 7 to May 10, 2018, our university will accept the assessment of the Ministry of education on our undergraduate teaching level.
2. The impact of undergraduate teaching audit and evaluation on students?
(1) The assessment will further promote colleges and universities to increase the investment in undergraduate teaching, improve the campus environment, strengthen teaching management, and ensure the quality of teaching.
(2) The assessment will further promote the school to strengthen the construction of teachers, curriculum and study style, improve the school running conditions and education environment, and the majority of students will get better education.
(3) The assessment results will directly affect the future development of students. If the school achieves good results in this assessment, it will greatly improve the social image and status of the school, further enhance the confidence of students and parents in learning and sending students, attract more employers to recruit graduates, and create more employment opportunities and higher employment levels.
3. What is the significance of evaluating in-depth interviews? Why should students attach importance to in-depth interview?
In depth interview is the main method used by evaluation experts to collect information, investigate and verify in the on-site investigation stage. Aiming at the main problems in the weak links of the school, the in-depth interview can talk and ask the interviewees to explore the causes and solve the problems. The quality of interview will have a direct and important impact on the evaluation results. The starting point and ultimate goal of the evaluation is to let the evaluated schools improve the quality of personnel training through the evaluation, so that students can really benefit. Therefore, student interview is an important part of in-depth interview with experts. Students should attach great importance to it and participate in it with positive attitude and full enthusiasm.
4. In the student interview, what aspects may the experts pay attention to?
(1) Students' understanding of assessment knowledge;
(2) Students' Evaluation on the teaching management, student management and school running conditions of the college;
(3) Students' understanding of the training program and training objectives of their major;
(4) Students' understanding of the situation, including learning, life, extracurricular cultural activities, etc;
(5) Students' learning conditions (including classroom, library, network) and so on.
5. What should students do in the assessment?
Assessment is an important measure to promote the construction of the school and the development of students. The students should firmly establish the sense of ownership, clarify the learning purpose, correct the learning attitude, and be strict with the learning discipline. They should be fully prepared to accept the expert personal interview and participate in the expert forum at any time. In line with the sense of responsibility and the sense of loving and glorifying the school, the students should speak actively and respond calmly, Fully display the elegant demeanor of our students.
(1) We should fully understand the purpose and significance of the assessment work and its close relationship with itself, and understand the evaluation criteria and the concept of "five degrees".
(2) Be familiar with the whole process of school evaluation and construction, keep in mind the school running history, characteristics, nature, orientation and development goals of the school, and be familiar with the basic situation of the major of the college. Actively participate in the activities of evaluation and construction with the attitude of master, and actively cooperate with the school to do a good job of evaluation with full enthusiasm.
(3) We should abide by the school rules and regulations in a more exemplary way and strictly demand ourselves from all aspects. We should start from ourselves, from small things, with a highly responsible attitude, be responsible for ourselves and the school, and do our best to contribute to the successful completion of the audit and evaluation work.
6. What are the etiquette standards that students should abide by in the assessment process?
(1) Dress neatly and solemnly, naturally and appropriately, and consciously use polite language.
(2) Keep the classroom clean and tidy; Self study, consciously keep quiet.
(3) Do not be late for class, leave early, do not bring meals into the classroom; Listen carefully in class, do not doze off, do not use mobile phones; Greet each other in class. When the class is over, ask the experts to leave the classroom first.
(4) When you meet an evaluation expert in any place of the school, you should take the initiative and politely say hello and respond generously.
(5) If the assessment panel members come to the classroom for inspection, students should take the initiative to say hello. If necessary, they should warmly welcome the experts to take their seats, and give simple and appropriate answers to the questions raised by the experts. At the end of the session, get up and send the members of the expert group to the door with the guiding posture and language.
7. What questions should students know to answer?
(1) What is the name of your major? Do you know the training objectives and programs of this major? Are you satisfied with the training program?
(2) What professional courses have you learned? What are the professional compulsory courses and professional elective courses? Are you satisfied with the professional curriculum?
(3) Has the teacher introduced the overall program of the major after admission?
(4) Are you satisfied with the arrangement of professional courses and general courses?
(5) Are you satisfied with the selection of professional teaching materials?
(6) What is the learning atmosphere of the school?
(7) Before giving lectures, do most teachers let students know the teaching progress, syllabus and basic requirements clearly?
(8) Are you satisfied with the content and arrangement of practice teaching? How do you feel about the teaching level and practical experience of teachers in this major?
(9) Do you think you can deepen the understanding of theory through practice? What is your favorite and most profitable form of teaching?
(10) Are you satisfied with the internship equipment and base conditions? (such as library, classroom, network, practice base, etc.)
(11) Are you satisfied with the teaching ability and teaching methods? How about the use of multimedia in teaching?
(12) Are you satisfied with the professional ethics of teachers?
(13) Are you satisfied with the classroom and laboratory facilities?
(14) What are the forms of the course examination? Are you satisfied with the assessment method of the course you studied?
(15) Are you satisfied with your professional knowledge and practical ability?
(16) Are you satisfied with the overall teaching service and the level of teachers?
(17) What is your overall satisfaction with the quality of teaching?
(18) Do you participate in social surveys or scientific and cultural activities organized by the school (college or department)?
(19) How about the opening and use of classrooms, laboratories, libraries, e-reading rooms, sports venues and sports facilities in your school?
(20) What are the school meals and living conditions?
(21) what is your study burden? How much spare time do you have? What are the main activities?
(22) have you ever seen or used the campus network and online resources of the university?
(23) what suggestions do you have for the education and teaching of the school?
8. How should students actively participate in the evaluation of the school?
The whole school students should understand the purpose and significance of undergraduate evaluation, actively participate in the activities of the university to meet the evaluation, start from me, start from now on, and strive to show a good demeanor. Specific requirements:
(1) Strive to create a good atmosphere for class. Attend classes on time without being late, leaving early and absenteeism; Students must bring textbooks, notebooks and pens to take notes; Listen to the class carefully and stop talking, dozing, eating and playing with mobile phones.
(2) Keep good study habits. Students without class take the initiative to study in classroom, library, laboratory and computer room to ensure full staff in the learning place; Can finish homework and other extracurricular learning tasks consciously.
(3) Civilized behavior and dignified image. The students behave in a civilized manner and dress decently; The communication between men and women is civilized, proper and elegant; No smoking, littering, loud noise, fighting and other behaviors; The entrance and exit doors and elevators should be civilized and courteous; There is no extravagance and waste.
(4) Strive to create a "civilized dormitory", so that the dormitory is civilized and hygienic, no sundries piled up, bedding and clothing stacked neatly.
(5) Pay attention to the evaluation work and master the basic knowledge of evaluation accurately. Understand the evaluation criteria and the concept of "five degrees", and have a clear understanding of the purpose, significance and importance of the assessment,
(6) Have a high sense of identity with the school, understand the school's history, guiding ideology, goal orientation, as well as the nature and development goals of the school, and be familiar with the basic situation of this major. There is a sense of ownership and responsibility of "I am proud of school prosperity, but I am ashamed of school failure".
(7) When you meet experts on campus, you should take the initiative to say hello and be polite; Experts in the classroom, canteen, dormitory, library and other occasions to actively answer questions, to participate in the forum to actively speak.
(8) to the experts' questions, they should not be flustered and speak cautiously. They should be able to answer the questions according to the characteristics of the school and its own, with ideas, depth and connotation, and actively and objectively publicize the characteristics, highlights and advantages of the school; For deficiencies, we should proceed from the overall situation, answer from the perspective of constructive opinions and improvement, and avoid blindly denying and complaining.